Job Title: Development Director
Reports To: Executive Director
Please email resume and cover letter to:
Alliance Executive Director
Plan, organize, and direct ongoing and special project funding of unrestricted funds for the Alliance, and restricted funds as specified, consistent with the Mission and strategic plan. Represent the Alliance in the community, educating individuals and organizations about hunger in Arkansas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish development policies, systems and procedures, based on the Alliance strategic plan.
- Research, develop and submit grant proposals for funds from private foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Identify and meet potential contributors for specific projects and ongoing operations.
- Plan and coordinate fund drives for special projects.
- Encourage individuals, corporations, and foundations to establish or contribute to special funds through endowments, trusts, in-kind gifts, or bequests, conferring with attorneys to establish methods of transferring funds to benefit donors and the Alliance.
- Research public and private grant agencies and foundations to identify potential sources of funding for research, community service, or other projects.
- Maintain records of contributors and grants and send thank you letters to be sent to contributors.
- Network with and create partnerships with community groups (churches, businesses, schools, individuals, speaking engagements and mailings).
- Assist Executive Director and Communications Director in implementing marketing strategies and objectives, maintaining continuity of message.
- Work with the Executive Director and Communications Director to develop materials to support events, programs and services.
- Develop donor recognition program.
- Organize direct mail and monthly sustainer program campaigns from individuals, corporations, and foundations, in collaboration with Communications and Membership Managers.
- Analyze various components, including activities, costs, operations and forecasting, of the development plan to measure success.
This position will supervise the efforts of volunteers during the calendar year and others as assigned by the Executive Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required for this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in business, fund raising and/or marketing, plus five or more years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer experience with knowledge of fund raising and donor tracking software.
- Experience in grant writing.
- High level of self-direction.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with public presentation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and accurately.
- Strategic planning and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Ability to travel. Must provide own transportation.