We hope you will help us spread the word about an exciting new opportunity at the Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance! The Alliance Ambassador program is a great way for young professionals to have fun, make friends, become an integral part of the Alliance team, and play an active role in ending hunger in our community. Ambassadors will also develop leadership, public speaking, and writing skills that look great on any resume!
To be an Alliance Ambassador, you must be:
- Between the ages 18-30
- A resident of central Arkansas (Pulaski, Jefferson, Faulkner, Saline, Lonoke, Garland, White, and Perry counties)
- Able to attend all Ambassador meetings and events (noted below)
During the term year (October-October), Ambassadors are required to:
- Be active members of the Alliance ($25 for individual membership, need-based exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis)
- Attend all 5 network meetings (late October, early December, early February, April, and July or August)
- Attend at least 2 events, 1 in the fall and 1 in the spring
- Obtain at least 10 volunteer hours over the course of the term year
What kinds of skills will Ambassadors gain? What kinds of experiences will they have?
- Professional development and mentorship opportunities with Alliance staff and Board members
- Experience working with nonprofit network
- Broad knowledge of hunger issues areas and available resources
- Advocacy and communication (spoken and written) skills
- Volunteer experience and service hours
Contact Jasmine at email@example.com with any questions.